Cheesy Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes to make when we are BBQ’ing. Cheese and potatoes. Need I say more? Since the summers are full of grilling and backyard parties, I thought I would share my beloved cheesy potatoes recipe.
These are great on the grill, but can be made in the oven too!
- 5 – 6 red potatoes (you can use any potatoes of your choice)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Garlic salt, steak seasoning (your choice), pepper to taste
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Foil (just don’t eat that) 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Dice potatoes and separate into foil packets ( Makes about 3 foil packs.. packets?, whatever you call it)
- Dice bell peppers and separate evenly into packets and toss with potatoes
- Add seasoning and butter
- Bake at 400 F for 30 min
- Grill method: cook on low heat for 60 min – be sure to check that the potatoes are done – it could take longer depending on how high your heat is}
- Top with cheese