Salsa Chicken Tacos in the Instant Pot
Easy, fast and minimal ingredient recipes are the way to my heart. The weeknights are always crazy – between wrangling a toddler, and feeding an infant, I don’t have much time. I want something that will taste great that everyone will love, and doesn’t keep me in the kitchen for hours. Here’s an easy go to recipe for those taco nights!
Salsa Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Chicken Breasts (2-3lbs)
- Herdez Salsa 16 oz (or any red salsa of your choice)
- Fiesta Ranch Dip mix packet
- Crispy taco shells
- Salsa Chicken
- Place uncooked chicken breasts on the bottom of Instant Pot. Pour salsa to cover chicken breasts. Sprinkle Fiesta Ranch Dip on top (I used half a packet).
- Set Instant Pot on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot naturally release – (takes around 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return shredded chicken back to the liquid mixture in the Instant Pot.
- Use chicken and make your tacos!
I top my tacos with sliced avocado and cheese. Delicioso! You can make with rice and beans or just eat 12 tacos like Daniel does.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can do the EXACT same thing with a Crockpot – just cook on High for 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.